21.10.11

$1,000,000 Dollar Home

_ from 2010


Listen, I was at the symphony



Thumbing through my program.






There was a page of real estate,


Opposite a list of donors.






And for a moment,


I vanished into the tiny world...






Would you order a $7 dollar pizza


From a $1,000,000 Dollar Home?






Like a backwoods fool


Who just won the lottery?






Though I can imagine


Marble and chocolate,






Surveillance and polish,


Climate control,






Portraits of goblets


And guns






That line the insides


Of a $1,000,000 Dollar Home.






So would you haul out garbage in a bathrobe


From a $1,000,000 Dollar Home?






Or is there a robot for that?


Maybe me.






I’m not a donor or a deity


With a $1,000,000 Dollar Home.






I bought a $14 dollar ticket


And moved to the front row.